Some thoughts and some plans

 If you’ve been paying any attention to me lately, you might have realized I got really into writing fanfic over the summer, and now I have an AO3 account under the name BWizard. It’s really fun and somewhat easy for me, and I’ve posted a lot, but I don’t think I’ve ever really talked about some of it in detail, and I’d like to. 

I feel kind of nervous about that, honestly; I write a lot that’s intended for myself, and so while it’s fun and I’m happy with all of it (or at least everything that makes it to AO3), a lot of it has an intended audience of one person, me. (The murderbot stories about the mirror universe and high school au have an intended audience of maybe three people each, one of which is me. Just like this blog, with its four or five regular readers, including me, my dad, and a Russian spambot. [Hi spambot! Hope you enjoy leaving comments I delete instantly.])

So I do a lot of writing what I want to read and all, but that also means that I don’t get to talk about it that much. Sometimes I talk about things on discord, but I always feel awkward about that because it feels like nobody pays attention (especially because the time I have isn’t usually a good time for most people). 

There’s a lot to talk about that with regards to comment culture and how setting AUs and crossovers (my big interests) are often less popular than canon compliant or canon divergence fics, but I don’t really want to go into that right now. 

Instead, I’m going to put all the things I want to say about my work here on this blog, and that way I get it all out of my head and out there.

I don’t know how I feel about this. Maybe this is stupid, maybe it’s awesome, maybe I’ll regret putting this on the internet later. But maybe it’ll also be freeing to know that nobody is going to see this unless I tell them about it. 

We’ll see what happens. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murderbot Goes To Prom

Things Bardic Is Learning About The East Coast

Papagena Shawl — pattern and pictures

Off to college!