Crafter. Gamer. Geek. ...also some other stuff.
Updates whenever I feel like it. Aka, never.
Hearts
I’ve been a bit busy today (I have to get done with some stuff before leaving for a trip on Monday), so here’s a picture of some friendship bracelets I made a while ago. They have hearts!
I finished this a few weeks ago, and I’m finally sharing both pictures and a free pattern for my new favorite shawl (and, hopefully, I might even be able to figure out ravelry posting)! I love shawls because they go with everything, and this one combines rainbow colors, a feathery border, and beautiful drapeiness.
The City Spies series by James Ponti is getting a new book sometime in February! It will be called City of the Dead, and it’ll be the fourth book. I shared these thoughts and predictions for it on my personal instagram on Monday, but this is a slightly more edited essay-format. ( Instagram announcement for the curious; it has the cover and the name.) Fair warning: spoilers for City Spies, Golden Gate, and Forbidden City ahead. I will try to mark anything really terrible, but just read the books please. I want to talk about them with people, aaaahhh! My initial hopes on reading the announcement were for a book about Rio or Kat, given the cover. Personally, I’m hoping for Rio because of the fanfic I’m working on that’s currently about him, Brooklyn, and their friendship, but I would also enjoy a book about Kat because she has a really interesting point of view, and I’d love to see more. The way each book has been focused on one kid so far means that there’s probably going to b...
Believe me, I should have done something fancy this week, but I’m at the stage of the semester where I’m just kind of done and I don’t want to do anything but read my phone and wait to be all the way done. So, instead, I present a thing I started back in October, around Homecoming season, and picked up again last week in time for Prom season. I have a second, related thing, but that again must be pushed to next week while I wait on a friend who promised to playtest it. If you had a “typical” american high school education, you might remember Prom and Homecoming. Two big dances, one more casual and open to everyone (Homecoming or HoCo), and one very formal, for upper-classpeople only (Prom). For people like me, dances are either really really fun, or horrible agony. Sometimes both. So I present: Ways to Handle School Dances and the Emotional and Physical Stimuli Attached to Them. Basically, this is my list of things that helped me survive hoco and prom without dying, an...
Comments