Geeking out over a rare fandom

Tuesday I got my preordered copy of a book I’ve been waiting for since forever!!!!! It’s the third book in the City Spies series by James Ponti, and it is just as good as the first two (maybe better. We’ll see). The really frustrating thing, though, is that there is literally no City Spies fanfiction. None. Go check, I’ll wait. 

See, no fanfic (seriously, I google it regularly and can’t find anything). I’ve written some, but so far it’s only been for my sister, who also loves the City Spies. But since there isn’t any out there, and I’m now really excited to write city spies fanfic again, I’m going to put it here so that there’s something. Depending on what people think of these (and what I want to do) I may share more or I may not. These are links to google docs so that scrolling through won’t take forever, and my author’s notes are here too. I welcome comments on these and I hope that even if you haven’t read the books that you give them a try. Middle grade books can be amazing for everyone!

There’s only a couple now but I’m writing a few things now and I have a number of unfinished projects I’m planning on posting, so I might link them here later or make another post (depends on how soon I finish the WIPs). Update: more now cause I found a cute AU in my drafts. 

Disclaimer: City Spies belongs to James Ponti, not me. I only marked big spoilers for City Spies and City Spies Golden Gate but even tiny spoilers for Forbidden City are marked for those who haven’t read it yet. 

Minor spoilers for Forbidden City: Disasters in Family-Making. It’s not a big spoiler, just expanding on an offhand mention from ch10 or so. Set pre-canon. I’m proud of this one because I wrote it extremely quickly to get the idea out of my head and I like how it turned out (I originally thought maybe the book mentioned it was banned because explosions or something like this happened, but my headcanon was immediately disproved). It’s just fluffy team-as-family bonding. 

MAJOR spoilers for Golden Gate: Never Alone. It’s kind of an AU, picking up when the team is in SF at Alcatraz and ending right before they put their plan into action. I wrote it because those chapters were fine, but I wanted to see Monty helping Sydney with her self esteem. And then it meant rewriting some more so that it could get back to the canon plot. This one is much older, probably from last June or so.

Update from later in the evening — No spoilers: Fated. It’s a snippet from an AU where magic is a common, though not always popular, fact of life. Actually, it’s just Monty and Brooklyn sharing a moment of connection and research. I couldn’t find this one earlier. 

Update from Sunday Feb 6 — barest hint of spoilers for golden gate, and really requiring that you have read the first book: The Inevitable Coffee Shop AU. It’s a fluffy look at an alternate universe where Monty and Mother have a coffee shop and effectively-adopt most of the local teens. Also everybody gets along and everything ends happily. This isn’t a romance. It’s another team-as-family fic, really. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Murderbot Goes To Prom

Things Bardic Is Learning About The East Coast

Papagena Shawl — pattern and pictures

Off to college!